Abstract submission guidelines
- All abstracts must be submitted through ROSA – Responsive Online System for Acta Horticulturae submission and review.
- For more information about how to submit your abstract, see http://www.ishs.org/sites/default/files/page-documents/onlinesubmissionauthorsguide.pdf
- The official language of the symposium is English so only abstracts written in English will be accepted for
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words and be based on original work. Should give full information on the objective, materials and methods and major results obtained.
- Abstracts must NOT contain tables, pictures or diagrams.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling (English) and grammar.
- Submission is strictly limited to a maximum of one oral and one poster presentation per person.
- ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENSION: The deadline for abstract submission has been extended until February 28th, 2019 due to a high number of requests. Abstracts submitted by this date will be considered for evaluation. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by 31 March 2019 and for the form of presentation as oral or poster presentation.
- To be accepted, abstract authors must be registered and paid to attend the Symposium, by 31 March 2019.
- All presenters (oral and poster) are expected to submit a manuscript for publication in refereed proceedings, Acta Horticulturae, by 15 April 2019.
- The deadline for fulltext modification is 30 June 2019.
- For guidelines and instructions on how to prepare your manuscript for publication in Acta Horticulturae, see http://www.ishs.org/authors
Abstracts may be submitted and demanded to be presented as oral or poster presentations. Please note, if an overwhelming number of oral presentation submissions are received or based upon the type of the research work and content of the abstract, the Review Committee reserves the right to offer poster presentations for some of these abstracts.
Terms and Conditions:
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to ISHS.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially
confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- At least one author should be available to present the abstract if selected for the symposium program.
The authors will immediately notify the symposium Secretariat if they are unable to attend or if the presenting author is changed. Please note that each presenter can still only present one oral and one poster. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program in such cases.